Monday, June 8, 2015

Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Piece for June

The lovely "Deco Daze" collection kit contains some really awesome deco art style elements to it.  I was instantly drawn to it by the lovely purples and blues it contains!  For this piece I used a background paper and added part of a frame element from the kit, a wonderful thing about these kits you can modify them to use as you like!  The face I feel in love with so sleek and such clean lines!  I copied two and fussy cut the inside circle part of the face and bird and popped on with foam dots for some dimension.  A little Diamond Accents on lips and earrings to accessorize her nicely.  I cut 2 of the lace pieces and had to only use a small piece of the second one to go along the top. But no worries as that left over piece will find it's way onto another make this month so keep your eyes open!  The first one to comment on it when they see it on my personal blog will get the make sent to them!! So be on the look out!  A lovely string of diamonds is included in this kit and I fussy cut them and added a coat of Diamond Accents to them and let dry before attaching to the top portion of the page.  I added the sentiment, also included in kit along with a whole page of others, on foam dots.  I wanted something else and the lovely flowers that accompany this kit seemed to fit the spot. So I had copied two of them and cut the first cutting almost to the center of the flower then bending and shaping the bottom layer. The I cut the second one's center out and did the same way attaching to the top of the first one with a dab of Diamond Accents. The whole lovely flower was then put on with a foam dot. 

 
 
Dragons Lair Designs Links:

2 comments: