Saturday, February 13, 2016

Forever Love at Lost Coast Designs

I fell in love with the Manga Girls the minute I saw them!  It came time to get a project made for our Valentine's event and I looked at "Goth Girl with Rose" and decided although no hearts were on her, she looked so happy she must be in love!  So she became my project.  


I colored her with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut before placing her on a piece of white cardstock sprinkled with Nuance powders and sprayed with water.  I limited the amount of running of the colors and left some dotted areas which is another awesome way you can use these powders which are available at Lost Coast Designs also.  The lock, key, and heart are paper clay pieces painted with a wet brush rubbed across the top of Gelatos.  One of my most used stamp sets from Lost Coast Designs is the "Mis. Words"!  I have used them on soooo many makes and still have tons of ideas sparked from the words in this set.  The sentiment, of course, is from this set stamped on the leftover red Nuance powder I mixed as a watercolor and dipped the edges of the white cardstock in before attaching to the hearts backing. I just poured it onto a scrap of paper and let it move about some and when it dried I had a lovely shade of light red. Lastly, a grab at some ribbon and yarn for the tag loop and she was ready to declare her undying love!

Hope you are following the fabulous ladies on the design team who are presenting projects for each day of this event!  You will be inspired; they always inspire me :)  

Happy Valentine's Day! 

February Challenge "Pocket Letters" HERE
   Like our Facebook pages and enter our challenges there :)
and 

4 comments: